A quick and easy recipe for roasted pumpkin and feta quiche. This crustless quiche takes your leftover roasted pumpkin to the next level. Nestled in a fluffy and rich egg mixture, and topped with creamy feta, this vegetarian pumpkin dish is a great low-carb, midweek dinner. No pastry is required which makes this quiche a delicious make-ahead lunch as well.
- Pumpkin – You need 1-2 cups of cubed, roasted pumpkin for this recipe depending on the size of your dish. You want to easily cover the dish with pumpkin pieces about 2 cm apart. This quiche works well with boiled pumpkin as well.
- Feta – Generously crumble feta over the quiche and again, depending on your dish you need about 75g. I use cow milk feta but this recipe also works with sheep or goat’s milk feta.
- Eggs – Free-range eggs are best any medium-sized eggs work for this recipe.
- Cream – Full-fat cream gives this dish extra flavor. You can use light cream or milk if you prefer.
- Thyme – Dried or fresh thyme complements the salty feta and sweet pumpkin flavors. A classic match that works well in this dish.
- Salt & Pepper – Keep in mind the saltiness of the feta when seasoning the eggs and cream mixture.
- This recipe works perfect for leftover pumpkin and other roasted vegetables.
- You can easily double batch the ingredients and make a larger quiche. Just cook it for a few minutes longer until the egg and cream mixture is fully set.
- This crustless quiche stores and freezes well which makes it perfect for meal prep or a make-ahead dinner or lunch.
This simple recipe uses roasted pumpkin only, but you can add a variety of other roasted and fresh vegetables including blanched spinach, caramelized onions, and roasted peppers as well.
You can also add some crispy bacon pieces to the egg mixture for some extra flavor and texture. Reduce the amount of salt you add to the eggs in that case.
I suggest serving the pumpkin and feta quiche hot or cold alongside a mixed, green salad or some Spring greens. My red cabbage sauerkraut makes a tasty side as well.
Sign-up for my newsletter for more from-scratch recipes.
What variety of pumpkins is best for baking?
How can I store this crustless quiche?
Alternatively, you can freeze a whole quiche or individual slices in freezer-proof containers for up to 3 months. Simply defrost the quiche at room temperature.
Roasted Pumpkin and Feta Quiche (crustless)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkin cubed
- 5 eggs medium
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme optional
- 1 tsp olive oil
Roast the pumpkin
- If you don't have roasted pumpkin on, roast 2 cups of peeled and cubed pumpkin in a preheated oven for 40 minutes at 180C/356F. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt and pepper before roasting the pumpkin cubes.1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkin
Make the quiche
- If you have leftover pumpkin on hand, start by preheating the oven at 180C/356F.
- Grease a medium, oven-proof casserole dish with 1 tsp of olive oil to prevent the crustless quiche from sticking to the dish.1 tsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs and whisk them lightly. Pour in the cream while whisking the eggs until they're well combined. Season the egg and cream mixture with salt and pepper, and fresh thyme, keeping in mind that feta is fairly salty.5 eggs, 1/4 cup cream, salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp thyme
- Add the roasted pumpkin cubes to the casserole dish and spread them out evenly. Pour over the egg mixture and crumble the feta on top of it.1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkin, 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Bake the quiche in the oven for 20 minutes until the egg mixture has fully set.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving it.