This quick and easy Christmas spice mix recipe creates a meticulously balanced blend of warm, spicy, sweet, and pungent notes. Perfect for adding a festive flavor to your favorite desserts and drinks like the classic pumpkin spice latte. A cinnamon spice blend that instantly adds winter aromas to your holiday recipes. Plus, the recipe’s flexibility allows for effortless doubling, ensuring you have ample supply for the whole winter season or simply use any extra spice mix for homemade gifts.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Well-balanced spice blend
- Homemade spice mix for gifts
- Quick and easy to prepare
- The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon adds warmth to this spice blend. Choose Ceylon cinnamon for a sweet flavor or Cassia for a stronger and spicier profile.
- Ginger – Ground ginger adds warmth and an extra zing to this mix.
- Nutmeg – Ground nutmeg brings a nutty flavor with a hint of earthiness
- Cloves – With a strong and pungent flavor, ground cloves add extra spice and warmth to this blend.
- Allspice – Ground allspice is the allrounder and offers spice, warmth, and sweetness and completes this winter spice mix.
- Batch it: Double or triple the recipe to have enough fall and winter spice mix for the entire holiday season.
- Storage: Store the spice blend in a cool and dark place to preserve its flavors and intensity.
- Freshness: Make sure the spices you’re using are fresh and vibrant. Check the expiry date or grind them freshly for maximum aroma and taste.
How to use this Christmas spice mix
Add half to one teaspoon of the holiday spice mix to the following recipe for an extra festive flavor this holiday season:
Cinnamon. That’s why this Christmas spice mix is a cinnamon spice blend.
Yes, you can use this recipe as a substitute for a pumpkin spice mix.
Christmas Spice Mix
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp ground allspice, and 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg.3 tbsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp ground allspice, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Thoroughly combine the spices with a spoon or small whisk.
- Transfer the spice blend into a sterilized, lidded jar and use it as directed in your recipes.